Thursday, January 06, 2005

Inconvenience

"Smell of gangrene permeates the air.
Bags full of donated clothes.
I lost my boat ...But why would they care?
Sanitary towels

Depression and Death.
Typoid and Malaria

Semi-permanent tin shelters,
Charity and counseling intermingle
Open up! Open up!!
But what is there to open up?

My child perished...I lost all that I cared.
Piles of clothes, yet none are mine!

Tsunami is thy name ...
You shall forever bear the name that destroyed our lives.
Is there a bigger pain?"

I sit and type away, far away,
Ensconced between walls of concrete.
Never truly knowing, never really grasping
Magnitude, sadness, nor the profundity.
Too selfish to send nought but minutia,
While others altruistically do what I should.
I sit and type away, far away.
Ensconced in walls of ignobility.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home